Google

Monday, February 4, 2008

- BULL ELKS Horns Locked Up

*****************************

Guys,
Here is how my day started yesterday (11-29-2007)

Got a call that 2 bull elk were locked up and one was dead and the other still alive.
The bulls were in a field about 15 miles Northeast of Monticello.

When I got there I actually found 2 bulls with locked antlers... I thought this only happened in other areas.


J. and I were going to tranquilize the bull and saw the locked antlers. One problem.. we did not have enough of the drugs to do a good job.

So we walked out there and sawed the one point off of the dead bull's right antler and then we had to saw the main beam off the left antler to get the other bull free. The whale tail was over the bulls eyes, lodged between the eyeguards.

When we cut it free the bull stood there for a while catching its breath with the piece of the dead elk's antler still locked in it's antlers.

When it took off, the piece of antler came out...

WOW! this was for sure one of my most memorable days....

Enjoy the pics.


No comments: